Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ralph's Barbecue...

Ralph's Barbecue
Continuing yesterday's trip up I-95, today I ate lunch at Ralph's Barbecue in Weldon, North Carolina. It was a buffet, filled with mostly older people, giving the place somewhat of a retirement home look. The food was tasty enough though and had some unique items on the buffet. Some hush puppies were placed on the table to start...
Hush Puppys
From the buffet, I started out by trying a plate of pulled pork with a vinegar based barbecue sauce, cabbage, black-eyed-peas, salad, and a roll. The pulled pork was the best thing on this plate...
Plate #1
I tried a second plate of cole slaw, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, beans, and a bit more pork...
Plate #2
I ate a plate of banana pudding, a slice of a beet, and some pickled watermelon rinds for dessert. I have never heard of pickled watermelon rinds before, but they are a very interesting food. They are sweet, but also have a tart vinegar taste. They are translucent and look like jello, but are much more solid. They were very interesting. They tasted good too...
Dessert from Ralph's
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs