Friday, December 11, 2009

The Taco Maker in Davenport, FL

The Taco Maker
I happened to be looking through a coupon book and found some coupons for a place called The Taco Maker. I had never heard of them, but I took the coupons just in case I ever came across The Taco Maker. Later that day, I was in Davenport, FL in the strip mall that sits on the former site of the Circus World and Boardwalk & Baseball amusement parks. As luck would have it, I spotted The Taco Maker hidden away at the end of the mall and decided to stop.

I got out my coupon for "Free Crustos," not having a clue to what Crustos were and entered the restaurant. It turned out that Crustos were fried tortillas covered with cinnamon and sugar. They seemed very similar to Taco Bell's Cinnamon Twists. They were okay for what they were, but Crustos were not a dessert I would purchase in the future if I didn't have a free coupon.
Crustos
While I did not try anything else, I wasn't too impressed with what I saw as far as the rest of The Taco Maker's menu. Nothing on their menu really made me want to return. As far as the whole mall goes, I'd rather a circus themed amusement park still be there rather than some chain retail stores...

The Taco Maker on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

TastyChomps.com Orlando Food Blog said...

i would have hoped taco maker would be better! yes there is a costco on university its off of forsyth i believe near sr 436 behind a chic fil a

AZVentures said...

I had been to a couple of Taco Makers and the food is really good. Specially the Burrito Platters.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs