Tuesday, April 21, 2020

NY Food: Indian Restaurants (Deep Indian Kitchen, The Kati Roll Company, and Apna Masala)

Since nobody can travel right now due to COVID-19, let's go back in time a few months and visit New York to eat. My last visit to the New York was in December for a few days. The last post from New York had to do with the pizza I ate on the trip. This post is about the Indian restaurants I visited while there. I ended up eating a lot of Indian food on my short trip.

Deep Indian Kitchen:

This was an Indian fast food restaurant located right outside Times Square. With this restaurant, imagine a Chipotle, only serving Indian food instead. I ordered a meal called the Live Fire Feast which was a combo that included a main dish and several sides. I had the Chicken Tikka Masala, saffron rice, chickpea dal, beet kachumbar, and garlic naan. I had blood orange lemonade as a beverage.


The Kati Roll Company:

This tiny restaurant served something called kati rolls. This Indian street food was something new to me and was similar to a wrap/burrito. There's apparently several locations of The Kati Roll Company in New York. This location was on MacDougal Street. I ordered the Unda Chicken Roll. This was chicken tikka and eggs wrapped in paratha bread. Not exactly knowing what I was getting into with a new food, I was very impressed. This little wrap was delicious.



Apna Masala:

This was one Indian restaurant among many in the East Village. They had a nice dinner combination that came with tea, appetizers, a main course, and a dessert.




No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs