Monday, March 8, 2010

Jade Palace in Longwood, FL

Jade Palace
Jade Palace recently opened in Longwood along 17-92. The restaurant was formerly a KFC, but Jade Palace did a good job renovating it. I guess since the restaurant is relatively new, it smelled somewhat like fresh paint, but I decided to overlook the smell and try Jade Palace anyway.

Hot tea was brought to the table first. I love my hot tea, so I really like it when Chinese restaurants do this and automatically serve you the tea. I really can't think of any other Chinese restaurants in the area that do this.
Tea @ Jade Palace
Wonton soup came next, filled with the Chinese dumplings, pork, and scallions.
Wonton Soup @ Jade Palace
I had the Chicken Broccoli combination for my main course, which came with rice and an egg roll. Almost every time I've ordered a meat with broccoli dish at a Chinese restaurant in the past, it is always served in a brown soy-based sauce. Jade Palace served the chicken and broccoli in a white sauce. I'm not sure what to call it, possibly Lobster Sauce. It was different, but was still tasty. For $7.95, Jade Palace gave plenty of food and I really had no complaints about the meal!
Chicken w/Broccoli @ Jade Palace
Jade Palace on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs