Monday, March 29, 2010

Pizza Rustica in South Beach, FL (Lincoln Road)

I ate lunch at Pizza Rustica on Lincoln Road in Miami's South Beach. Pizza Rustica had a huge selection of rectangular pies behind the glass, all being sold by the slice. They called these Roman style pizzas, and were similar to a Sicilian slice with a slightly thinner crust and lots of toppings. There were so many varieties that it was actually kind of hard to choose what to get.
Pizza Rustica was busy and had a bit of a line to order, so I had time to make my decision. I ended up going with Pizza Rustica's special, which included a slice of pizza, salad, and drink for $9.50. It was kind of overpriced for what it was, but Pizza Rustica was in the middle of the main drag of South Beach's touristy area, so the high price was kind of expected. My slice of pizza was reheated in the oven for a few minutes, and then I went outside to find a place to sit with my food.
My salad was pretty good. I really liked the dressing...
I picked the Potato & Goat Cheese pizza. The large rectangular slice (then further cut into 6 smaller pieces) was topped with sliced potatoes, goat and mozzarella cheeses, kalamata olives, red onions, and tomatoes. Nobody ever seems to think potato goes good on pizza, but I've tried it on a few occasions (as well as making my own) and it's always been really good. This slice continued the trend of good potato pizzas.
I also did some trading among dining companions and got to try the special pie of the day. It was topped with chicken, Canadian bacon, corn, cheese, and tomato sauce. It was tasty, but I preferred my potato pizza.
I'd gladly go back and give Pizza Rustica another try! I love it when a pizzeria has a huge pizza selection like this place did!

Pizza Rustica Lincoln Rd on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs