Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chicken Kebab in Rosyln Heights, NY

Chicken Kebab is a Turkish restaurant in Rosyln Heights on Long Island. On a recent visit to New York, I found the restaurant by accident and decided to give them a try.
The meal started with the House Cold Platter. This consisted of four stuffed grape leaves served with feta, olives, peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes over an eggplant dip. The grape leaves had a nice minty flavor, the cheese was salty, and the baba ganoush was very tasty.
For my main course, I had the Chicken Gyro which was both massive and delicious! It was actually one of the most overstuffed gyros I've ever seen.  When it was served, the gyro almost looked like a salad. Hidden below all of the greens, there was an abundance of thinly sliced chicken. When I managed to pick up this overflowing gyro and take a bite, I had nothing bad to say. The chicken was tender and had great flavor. The greens gave a nice crunch, and when I added some tahini, this became one of the best gyros in my recent food memory!

Chicken Kebab on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs