Friday, September 10, 2010

White Castle in West Hempstead, NY

White Castle is a fast food chain in the northeast United States seems to be really popular. Over and over, I have heard how great White Castle's food is. Apparently Krystal, the southern equivalent of White Castle, can't compare according to some of the White Castle aficionados that I know. I had never eaten at a White Castle, so I couldn't really comment on their food. That changed on my last visit to Long Island when I tried the White Castle in West Hempstead...
White Castle in West Hempstead
I had a coupon for some free burgers, so I gave them a try. Burgers are perhaps one of my least favorite types of sandwiches, so I may not be a good authority on if this was any good or not. Regardless, here's what I thought: I wasn't impressed. The thin meat patty had the consistency of cardboard with no flavor. The only thing that really had a distinct flavor on this burger was the ketchup and the pickle. I really don't get what the big deal is with White Castle burgers.
White Castle Burger
White Castle Burger Interior...
I also tried White Castle's Pulled Pork Sandwich. The sandwich had pork drenched in barbeque sauce on a hamburger bun. While not the best pulled pork sandwich out there, it was actually pretty tasty being that it is from a fast food chain. I thought it was way better than the White Castle burger...
White Castle Pulled Pork
Oink...
White Castle Fries...
Fries
My overall opinion of White Castle was that it didn't live up to the hype. Taking it for what it was, White Castle was pretty cheap and I would be willing to get another pulled pork sandwich. With the abundance of nearby restaurants though, I wouldn't be any huge rush to return. I find very few fast food chains are worth rushing back to...

White Castle on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs