Thursday, January 5, 2012

Green Owl Restaurant in Delray Beach, FL

I like to consider myself well traveled throughout the state of Florida, but one city that I had never been to was Delray Beach. For some reason I always went further north or south of Delray and never actually stopped to explore rather than driving through. On a recent morning, I decided to change that and was actually surprised by Delray. The city's downtown was much larger than I was expecting, filled with shops, historic hotels, and countless restaurants. The decision was made to have breakfast at one of these restaurants called the Green Owl.
The Green Owl had a sort of a retro diner look on the inside and outdoor seating on the sidewalk out front. We choose to eat outdoors. For food, I had the One Egg Special. This breakfast came with a scrambled egg, strip of bacon, and two pancakes. Everything on the plate was tasty, although I would have preferred actual butter for my pancakes rather than the margarine that was served. Real butter is always better!

Green Owl Restaurant on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delray Beach, FL is an amazing, thriving and vibrant chic beach town! Glad to hear you stopped and experienced Delray!

Green Owl is one of the oldest restaurants there. I'm having breakfast there this Saturday and then I will out their front door and enjoy Delray's Green Market right across the street, and then I will walk 3 blocks east and enjoy the Artists in the Park event at Veteran's Park located right on the scenic intracoastal.

You can read all about Delray Beach on my website: http://www.i-love-delray-beach.com

And you can read about Delray Green Market here: http://www.i-love-delray-beach.com/delray-beach-greenmarket-still-going-strong.html

Yes, indeed, Delray Beach is something to experience!

Danika Dahl
http://www.i-love-delray-beach.com

albina N muro said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Hurricane Grill Restaurant

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs