Monday, October 19, 2015

The Bavarian Haus in Mt Dora, FL

I had lunch at The Bavarian Haus in downtown Mount Dora. This small restaurant lived up to it's haus name, being that it was in a small house. Bavarian Haus had indoor seating as well as outdoor seating on a patio out front.
I had the Bratwurst lunch special. According to our waitress, the bratwurst were one of the best things on the menu so that's how I made my meal decision. The normal side accompanying the bratwurst was German Potato Salad. Instead, I asked if I could have the Kartoffelknödel, or potato dumplings as my side. They gladly obliged.
Two sausages were served. They were good, although nothing that would stand out when compared to other bratwurst I've had elsewhere. The kartoffelknodel on the other hand were new to me, therefore much more memorable. These dumplings sort of reminded me of matzo balls, both in shape and consistency. The texture was interesting. They weren't mashed potato smooth, nor were there chunks of potatoes. It was all somewhere in between. A gravy-like broth was served on top, which went well with the bratwursts as well.

I liked the food I tried at Bavarian Haus. Everything tasted good. The prices for lunch were reasonable. I have no complaints overall!


The Bavarian Haus German Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs