Thursday, January 21, 2021

Shiraz Market in Longwood, FL

Shiraz Market is located in a tiny, somewhat shady looking strip mall in Longwood. A taco shop once occupied the spot, but they have been long gone. I would ride by all time and the restaurant went completely unnoticed until they started getting all sorts of press, including being featured by Andrew Zimmern (part of his apology after insulting Orlando's restaurants). I tried Shiraz Market soon after and was very underwhelmed. They served good sized portions, but everything I tried tasted unseasoned and flavorless.

I recently gave them another try and enjoyed the food much more this time around. Perhaps I caught Shiraz Market on a bad day on my first visit. 

The Koubideh Combo: Ground beef and chicken made into skewer form. Served over rice with a garnish of tomato, sliced onions, and parsley. 

Beef & Chicken Kabab Combo: Almost the same as the meal above, only the chicken skewer was replaced with whole pieces of chicken rather than ground chicken.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs