Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lotus Blossom Cafe at Epcot

china pagoda
During a visit to Epcot, I had lunch at the Lotus Blossom Cafe in the park's China pavilion.
Lotus Blossom Cafe
It was a fast food restaurant serving mostly Americanized versions of Chinese dishes such as sesame and orange chicken.
Lotus Blossom Cafe
I ordered the one thing on the menu that I don't see in every Chinese restaurant I visit, that being Beef Noodle Soup. The menu described it as shredded beef, onion, and fresh vegetables over noodles in broth. I'm picky when it comes to beef, I don't like the taste of burgers and find steak disgusting, but beef in Chinese restaurants I normally don't mind. This soup was no exception and was really tasty. There was plenty of beef and noodles and lots of a leafy green vegetable (possibly malabar spinach?). The portion was huge and was reminiscent of Vietnamese pho or Japanese Udon soup. I don't know if this soup was more of an authentic Chinese dish than Orange Chicken, but it was really tasty regardless.
Lotus Blossom Cafe Beef Noodle Soup
As I ate, I had a nice view of pavilion's recreation of the Temple of Heaven.
Lotus Blossom Cafe Pagoda View
Just as I was finishing my meal, a Chinese Acrobatic troupe was starting their show...
Chinese acrobats

Lotus Blossom Café on Urbanspoon
(This post is part of the Disney Blog Carnival)

1 comment:

TastyChomps.com Orlando Food Blog said...

nice! i love beef noodle soups, surprising that they have it there lol

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs