Tuesday, November 29, 2011

AMC Dine-In Theatres in Downtown Disney

I was invited to the media event for the opening of the new AMC Dine-In Theatres in Downtown Disney. AMC offered us bloggers and other media type people to come try their food and watch TRON Legacy for the complete dine-in theater experience.
The theater itself had extra wide rocking seats. There was a counter for the food in every row, although I personally thought it was too far away from the seat. I wasn't able to comfortably reach my food without sitting on the very edge of my seat which was especially distracting when the movie started. One cool little feature on each counter was the call button to summon your server for drink refills or whatever.
For food, we started out with two appetizers. The first appetizer was the Parmesan Fries. These were standard French fries with grated cheese on top.
Wings & Things Sampler: Came with buffalo wings, potato chips, onion rings, and mozzarella sticks.
Smoked Salmon BLT: For some reason I was really hoping for lox on here, but it was the more traditional type of smoked salmon on the sandwich. Big slab of fish on a bun with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and a garlic basil sauce. More potato chips came served on the side.
Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizzetta: Pizza made with buffalo wing sauce rather than the more traditional tomato. Was topped with blue cheese and chicken.
AMC had tables set up in the lobby with many of their menu offerings on display. Here's a few of the foods I didn't get a chance to try:

Overall, I liked my food at the AMC Dine-In Theatres. The prices were good too, with some of the sandwiches being equivalent to what a large popcorn costs at other theaters. The Downtown Disney AMC was already one of my favorite theaters in Orlando, so now food makes them even better!

AMC Fork & Screen on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Everything looks tasty! The Wings & Things platter looks like it includes everything but the kitchen sink. The potato chips look thick, almost kettle style. I wonder what brand of chips they use.I'm such a potato fiend that I know I'm going to have to get some parmesan fries when I visit.

The call button is genius! But, the seating arrangement sounds a little awkward. I'm surprised to read that the prices are fair, since the normal concessions aren't as fairly price. Thank you for the thorough review!

Watch Me Eat said...

I'm pretty sure the menu said the chips were homemade...

Minniewdw said...

Yum! Watch Me Eat, did you notice if the menu offered any gluten free options?

Love your blog... it brings me back to my true home while I'm living here in upstate NY.

Watch Me Eat said...

Not sure about anything on the menu being gluten free.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs