Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mustard's Last Stand in Melbourne, FL

Mustard's Last Stand is one the more famous restaurants in Downtown Melbourne. The restaurant is a small hot dog stand with some indoor seating and a nice outdoor patio. I had heard countless people talk about Mustard's, and I finally stopped into the restaurant to give them a try.
This hot dog stand was decorated with murals of a bearded hot dog and a bottle of mustard in various activities.
For a hot dog place, Mustard's Last Stand has a huge menu. I'm not a big fan of normal hot dogs served plain. They are just plain boring to me, but hot dogs get better when they can be dressed up in countless ways. When I got to the restaurant, I found out they have 2 for 1 dogs from 5-8. Since I got to try two, I had a Chicago Dog and a Guac the Dog.
The Guac the Dog was topped with guacamole, melted cheese, salsa, and onions on a poppy seed bun. This dog was somewhat messy with all of the saucy toppings dripping out while being eaten.
The Chicago Dog had mustard, tomato, onion, pickle, relish, peppers and celery salt on a poppy seed bun. This was definitely the winner out of the two hot dogs that I tried on my visit to Mustard's.
Mustard's Last Stand was a fun place. Really unhealthy with their encouragement to eat two hot dogs in one serving, but still tasty with a huge menu as far as hot dogs go. I'd go back!


Mustard's Last Stand on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs