Friday, December 21, 2012

BellaBrava in St. Petersburg, FL

I had dinner while in Saint Petersburg at an Italian restaurant called BellaBrava. Based on the location, right by the water in an area that seemed like everything would be expensive, I was surprised how affordable everything was here. The majority of the menu items were under $10 and there were some interesting takes on Italian foods. Some of the pizzas were especially interesting to me.
I had the Asparagus & Crispy Prosciutto Pizza. This pizza was topped with asparagus, crispy prosciutto, smoked mozzarella, and a sunny side up egg. They served half the pie alongside a side Caesar salad. This was my first time trying egg on a pizza. Egg always seemed like a very strange pizza topping to me, but much like pineapple on pizza, I enjoyed it once I tried it. The runny egg yolk dripped down and got absorbed in the airy pizza crust, adding a whole new element to the pie. My only real complaint about this pizza was with the asparagus. There weren't any actual asparagus heads topping the pizza. Instead, there were only asparagus stems, but they were still tender and edible so it really isn't a big deal.

I was pleased with my food here. The pizza was tasty and the toppings weren't what everyone else serves. Prices were affordable and the location was also very nice. I'd return.

BellaBrava on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs