Monday, December 14, 2015

TR Fire Grill Grand Opening in Winter Park, FL

I was invited to the grand opening of TR Fire Grill in Winter Park. This is another of the newly opened restaurants to go into the slowly developing Ravaudage shopping area at the intersection of 17-92 and Lee Road. Of the three restaurants which are currently open there, TR Fire Grill definitely seems to be the most upscale. At the grand opening event, sample sized portions of various menu items were being served. The following are some of the highlights:
Pulled Pork Tacos:
Hawaiian Ahi Tuna:
Prime Rib Egg Roll and Prime Rib:
Shrimp & Grits:
Deviled Egg, Meatball, Salad, Macaroni & Cheese, and Seared Cauliflower.
Pumpkin Cheesecake:
Buttery Seared Lemon Pound Cake:
Wonuts: These are the menu item I was looking most forward to trying. The wonuts were a cross between a waffle and a doughnut, dipped in chocolate and topped with powdered sugar. They didn't quite taste like a waffle or a doughnut. They were somewhere in between and were nowhere as sweet as I was expecting. These are only served at the restaurant during Sunday brunches.
I liked what I tasted at TR Fire Grill. I did notice that much of the non-dessert food was pretty spicy compared to what I find at most restaurants. I personally was a fan of the spice, but it was overwhelming for the person I ate here with. I wonder what the spice tolerance of the general public is? Regardless, TR Fire Grill seems like a nice addition to Winter Park!

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs