Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Peppino's Ristorante Italiano

I ate at Peppino's Ristorante Italiano in Oviedo, FL. One of the first things I noticed upon entering the restaurant was that I seemed to be the youngest one eating by forty years. That didn't last long when about 100 people entered the restaurant for an Oviedo High School Basketball team banquet. From that point on, the restaurant got very loud. Luckily, our order was in before the banquet, so the food didn't take too long.

Salad came first.
Salad from Peppino's Ristorante Italiano
For the main course, I ordered a tortellini dish served in a pink sauce with ham and mushrooms. I asked for no mushrooms, but I really didn't see any ham on the plate either. Besides from that, it was pretty good. The sauce was definitely homemade and although it wasn't as creamy as most other pink sauces I've come across, it was still very tasty. The sauce was definitely much more interesting that what I've had at other local Italian restaurants.
Tortellini from Peppino's Ristorante Italiano
The other person I was eating with did complain that their portion was tiny for what Peppino's charged, but my tortellini was enough.
Peppino's Ristorante Italiano on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs