Monday, February 29, 2016

Emma's Pizza in Cambridge, MA

When I started thinking about going to Boston, I got a very strong recommendation that I go try Emma's Pizza in Cambridge. Turns out the person who gave this endorsement worked for Emma's Pizza at one point, but let's not let that invalidate the recommendation. They had some tasty pizza...
I couldn't decide what type of pizza to order. Lots of the menu choices sounded really good, so I split the pie in half. One half of the pizza was topped with The Coop. This consisted of garlicky green olives, cracked black pepper, garlic olive oil feta, and goat cheese. The other half was The Red Line. This side of the pie had hot sausage, roasted tomato, scallions, traditional sauce, mozzarella, and goat cheese. Both were good, but I think I preferred The Red Line. The flavors on this side of the pizza were a bit more balanced, while The Coop was a bit of a salty overload with the olives and feta.
It wasn't exactly traditional pizza with a thin crispy crust and creative toppings. I know a couple NY style pizza purists that would have hated this pie, but I very much enjoyed my meal at Emma's.


Emma's Pizza Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs