Friday, January 1, 2010

Java Coast at the Gaylord Palms

ICE Clouds
I went to see ICE at the Gaylord Palms Hotel in Kissimmee, FL. Pretty cool exhibit where you go into a tent cooled to 9°F and see all sorts of ice carvings and ride down ice slides.

After you leaving the freezing temperatures, everyone got a very small complementary cup of hot cocoa.
Cocoa
While at the hotel, I bought a dessert from a coffee place called Java Coast. It was in the hotel's gigantic lobby, right next to their re-creation of St. Augustine's Castillo de San Marcos. Their pastries looked good in their display case and I decided to get a Cinnamon Bavarian Twist.
Java Coast Desserts
The Cinnamon Bavarian Twist had a consistency similar to that of a doughnut. Doughnut wasn't exactly what I was thinking of when I saw the pastry in the case, but it was still tasty. I just wish it had the flaky, crunchy crust that I've had elsewhere with similar desserts.
Java Coast Cinnamon Bavarian Twist

Java Coast on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

ch said...

this is the first year we missed ICE, since my hubby doesn't work there anymore. Wow, they really are on hard times! Look at that shot of Hot Chocolate!
Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs