Friday, June 25, 2010

New Peking Buffet in Casselberry, FL

New Peking Buffet recently opened in the building previously occupied by Barnhill's Buffet in Casselberry. This Chinese restaurant didn't do much to change the outside of the barn-like building. Contrasting with the outside, lots of Chinese style architecture and decorations were added around the interior of the restaurant, removing just about all trace of the country theme left by the previous occupant of the building.
My first trip to the buffet resulted in a plate of lo mein, tofu with mixed vegetables, string beans, and chicken with broccoli. The tofu was really good, yet I'm assuming few people eating in the restaurant tried it. I don't understand why tofu has such a bad reputation...
Next I tried some dumplings, vegetable rolls, krab rangoon, and a sesame ball.
Finally, I gave their Mongolian BBQ a try. Noodles, shrimp, scrambled egg, onions, carrots, celery, and broccoli was all cooked in teriyaki sauce on a hot grill. It was really tasty, although the broccoli wasn't cooked long enough. At this point, I had eaten far too much food and I was done...
I was impressed with the food at New Peking Buffet compared to other nearby Chinese buffets. Everything seemed fresh, and there was a really nice selection of food. While I'd prefer a Chinese restaurant with a menu over a buffet, this was tasty as far as buffets go. New Peking Buffet had only been open a few weeks when I ate there and was really crowded. Perhaps I'll return after it's open a while to see if their seemingly good quality and turnover continues...

New Peking Buffet on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

TastyChomps.com Orlando Food Blog said...

i think tofu has a bad rep cause of unfamiliarity

Anonymous said...

thanks for the review.. any new updates?

Anonymous said...

This place is good.
It just looks creepy from the outside because it used to be some other restaurant.

Anonymous said...

WENT AND ATE THERE YESTERDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME. IT WAS AMAZING. A LARGE VARIETY TO CHOOSE FROM. THERE WERE ONLY A FEW THINGS I DIDNT LIKE, BUT THAT WAS BECAUSE OF MY TASTE BUDS NOT THE RESTURANT.

candoor said...

It closed, then reopened. I've eaten since they reopened three times. First time, excellent. Second time, good. Third time, serious food poisoning.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs