Friday, August 19, 2011

Peace-A-Pizza in Boca Raton, FL

I had lunch at a restaurant called Peace-A-Pizza in Boca Raton. This was a chain that utilized a conveyor belt oven. Normally, conveyor belt pizza ovens equal horrible food, but in this case the pizza here was surprisingly good. Peace-A-Pizza had a huge selection of pizza by the slice, much like what is common up north but almost non-existent in Central Florida. With all the choices, I had finally narrowed it down to two different types of pie...
First up was the Mediterranean Salad Pizza. This slice was very topping heavy with spinach, tomatoes, artichokes, onions, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, and kalamata olives. It was good, but wasn't my favorite of the two slices I tried.
The Pesto, Fresh Mozzarella, Plum Tomatoes and Basil slice was my personal favorite. It had pesto rather than the normal tomato sauce and lots of fresh mozzarella. The crust was thin and crispy, and overall had really good flavors...
I generally don't frequent chain pizza restaurants all that often, but I personally wouldn't mind if a Peace-A-Pizza opened somewhere in the Orlando area. That is, if they could keep their pizza quality up to what was served in their Boca store...

Peace A Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs