Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Big Italy in Orlando, FL

I had dinner at a new Italian restaurant on International Drive called Big Italy. While many of the neighboring restaurants were serving Brazilian pizza (which I've yet to try), this place was going for the traditional Italian stuff.
They advertised over 100 types of pizza. Initially, I was a little scared and was expecting a place like CiCi's with a claim like that, but it turned out that they had a nice menu of all sorts of interesting sounding pizzas. We decided to try a pizza called the Big Italy Trio. Meant to look like the Italian flag, the pie was split into three sections. Green was topped with arugula. The white section had four cheeses. Red was made from slices of prosciutto topping the pie.
I thought this pizza was good. The crust was thin and crispy (although not a NY style type of thin, more cracker-like). The toppings were tasty, beside the boring four cheese section. I think I would give Big Italy another try for some of their other 99 types of pizzas!

Big Italy Pizza & Pasta on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs