Monday, April 26, 2010

Race the Lakes 10k Food

On Saturday, May 24, I ran in the Race the Lakes 10k in Lakeland, FL. It was fun (although paying to run, even if part of the money goes to a good cause, seems so silly to me). The race started in front of Lake Mirror, proceeded through downtown, around Lake Morton, through some neighborhoods filled with lots of old historic mansions, around Lake Hollingsworth, and then returned to the start at Lake Mirror. After the run, it was time for the post-race food.

They had water bottles printed up specifically for the race. I wonder how much of the $20 registration fee went to printing custom waters? Behind the bottle is a view of Lake Mirror and Downtown Lakeland. The stone arches on the far side of the lake is main entrance to Lakeland's underground tunnels that run under downtown. I'd love to see inside these long closed tunnels...
Customized Water
I normally stick to water, but I picked up a bottle of orange Gatorade. I felt like I needed to brush my teeth after...
Post Race Gatorade
They had boxes of bananas, Fuji apples, and Gala apples.
Race the Lakes Fruit
Fuji apples are one of my favorites, and I'm normally fine with bananas. For some reason though, bananas always taste horrible after I run.
Banana!
Bagels!
BAGELS!
Cookies aren't exactly the healthy post-race food that I would expect, but these oatmeal raisin and lemon coconut cookies were pretty good.
Oatmeal Rasin & Lemon Coconut
Overall, Race the Lakes had better post-race food than some of the other races I've run in...

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs