Friday, April 9, 2010

Spice Cove in NY

Back in July of 2007, I visited Manhattan's Curry Row for some Indian food. This neighborhood is lined with Indian restaurants, each one with someone standing outside, competing with one another for you to come eat at their store. It sounded like walking down a carnival midway past the games, only dealing with food. On this visit, a restaurant called Spice Cove won my business.
Spice Cove
Spice Cove offered a dinner special that included an appetizer, soup, and a main course for a really good price, so I went with that. Red Lentil soup was served first. It was really good, and the deep red color of the soup was great. I've never come across another lentil soup that color.
Spice Cove Lentil Soup
Next, the vegetable samosa appetizer was served. Yummy!
Spice Cove Samosa
For the main course, I ordered Chicken Vindaloo. While I love spicy food, this dish was a bit extreme. The chicken seemed to be a variation on curry chicken, served over rice, but I could not handle the heat of the dish. I probably drank more water during the meal than what I actually ate. I did enjoy it, but after the meal wasn't as fun when I had to find a bathroom in the city at midnight to get rid of all of the liquid I drank to counter the spicy. Thank goodness there are Starbucks on every corner...
Spice Cove Chicken Tikka

Spice Cove on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

TastyChomps.com Orlando Food Blog said...

i think ive been to one of their competitors! brick lane with the phaal curry, ill do a post this weekend lol. are u in manhattan now?

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs