Monday, March 21, 2011

BagelWorks in Boca Raton, FL

I decided to get breakfast at one of Boca Raton's bagel places and ended up at BagelWorks.
BagelWorks was very popular with Boca's senior citizens. They had a line for tables that queued up along BagelWorks' deli cases. It was kind of like waiting for a ride at Disney while watching a preshow of cream cheese and Kosher smoked fishes and listening to people complain about the wait.
It was eventually our turn to be first in line and were seated. I decided to get a spinach & feta omelet, served with homefries and an everything bagel. The omelet was okay, although the cheese could have been distributed throughout the omelet better. There was lots in the center, but none at the two ends of the omelet. Homefries were good, but the bagel was horrible. At a restaurant called BagelWorks, I was expecting good bagels. Unfortunately, every bagel served to our table had an extremely hard outer crust. So hard that I couldn't bite into the bagel. I couldn't break through the crust with the utensils at the table either. Whatever caused the bagels to have this outer crust was definitely not good. I don't think I'd go back to BagelWorks because of their rock hard bagels. With the majority of the customers in BagelWorks above the age of 65, I wonder how well these bagels fare with dentures?

Bagel Works on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs