Monday, March 28, 2011

Joey's Supreme Pizza in Okeechobee, FL

Okeechobee. Located between Florida's biggest lake and miles of sugar farms to the south and endless cattle farms to the north, it's a pretty isolated town. The drive along 441 through this nothingness is a great ride, but there really isn't too much in terms of food along the way. That is, except for in Okeechobee. The last time I took the scenic route down south, I stopped for dinner in Downtown Okeechobee at a place called Joey's Supreme Pizza.
We started out with garlic knots at Joey's Supreme Pizza. These knots were way bigger than what most Italian restaurants serve when it comes to garlic knots. I unfortunately filled up on these so I didn't have much room left for the pizza! They tasted alright, although I thought they could have used less oil and more garlic.
I find Florida has far too much mediocre pizza, so I honestly wasn't expecting much for pizza in Okeechobee. When the pizza was delivered to the table, I was plesantly surprised. This pizza was a thin crusted NY style pie. It was cooked to perfection and had just the right amount of sauce and cheese. The sauce was a little too thick and pasty in spots for my liking, but otherwise I have no complaints. I love it when I find a totally unexpected good pizzeria!



Joey's Supreme Pizza & Subs II on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs