Tuesday, June 4, 2013

La Ventana in South Beach, FL

I was in South Beach in Miami and stopped into La Ventana for lunch. This tiny Colombian restaurant was located on Washington Avenue, several blocks away from the bustling and overpriced Lincoln Road. It has been a very long time since I've been to a Colombian restaurant. It fact, I'm actually not sure if I've ever eaten at a Colombian restaurant before. Regardless, I was excited to try some new food.
I ordered the Pollo en Salsa Criolla. This large chicken breast was topped with a very tasty, bright orange colored sauce containing lots of sliced onions. Salad, rice, and fried yucca were served as side items. Our server asked if we wanted the spicy sauce on the side, and of course I said yes. Beware of this spicy sauce. Unlike American versions of hot sauce which really aren't all that hot, this Colombian hot sauce was insane and one little spoonful on the chicken was enough for me.
Overall, I enjoyed my meal at La Ventana. I'm pretty sure Colombian food was new to me, so hurray for trying the food from a new country and finding out that it was pretty tasty!

La Ventana on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs