Friday, May 31, 2013

Fireside Pizza in Sanford, FL

Fireside Pizza is an Italian restaurant located in a Wal-Mart shopping center in Sanford. This restaurant was previously home to a RedBrick Pizza, which I wasn't a big fan of their food. I never tried this particular location when it was a RedBrick Pizza, but their Altamonte location wasn't really worth visiting again. I was a little hesitant to visit Fireside, just because it used to be a RedBrick and was a bit disappointed to see a very similar menu to what I remember RedBrick having.
We ordered the Greek Pizza, topped with ham, peppers, spinach, onions, kalamata olives, and feta. There did seem to be a definite improvement over RedBrick. I liked the crust much more over what I remember. It was thin and crispy. There were plenty of toppings, and overall had less of the frozen pizza feel that RedBrick gave off and had more of the character that a freshly made pizza should have. This wasn't the best pizza around and there are several other restaurants in Sanford that I would choose over Fireside when it comes to pizza, but at least it's an improvement over RedBrick Pizza. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd be willing to visit Fireside again...

Fireside Pizza on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite Pizza places ever!

The Pizzas are stacked high with toppings and cheese. some people like it, some people hate it. I am one that likes it.

Dining Zion National Park

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs