Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dupont Pizza in Washington DC

I bought a late-night slice of pizza in Washington DC from a place called Dupont Pizza. They were located near an intersection that had far too many restaurants serving pizza (Chicago style pizza next door and an upscale pizza place across the street). As the name implies, Dupont Circle was a few blocks away.
I had a vegetable slice topped with spinach, onions, tomato, and mushrooms. I was about to order two slices, this and another variety of pizza, but then I noticed the size of the slices. Each slice was a quarter of the pie. At $5 per slice, the size was appropriate. The slice itself was nice and thin with plenty of toppings. The sauce and cheese lacked flavor and were a bit bland tasting, but the slice did satisfy my hungry stomach.
My slice from Dupont Pizza could have been better, but I've also had far worse slices as well. I wonder if they were going for the quantity over taste mindset here?

Dupont Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs