Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Firehook Bakery in Washington DC

While in DC, I ended up exploring the Dupont Circle area. While in the neighborhood, I ate lunch at a restaurant called Firehook Bakery. They ended up being a local chain in the Washington area and I passed a few more Firehooks in my travels around DC.
Based on their pastry and cake selections, they definitely didn't appear to be a chain. All of this stuff looked delicious! Unfortunately, I was there for lunch rather than dessert so I didn't try any.
I had the soup and sandwich lunch combo. I choose tomato bisque for my soup, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was creamy, slightly spicy, and had just enough tomato flavor so it wasn't overpowering. This was actually one of the best soups I've had in recent memory. A slice of bread was served alongside the tomato bisque for dipping. The sandwich was pressed and filled with turkey, cheese, and roasted red peppers. Pretty tasty, but nothing exceptional. The soup was the definite winner out of the two parts of this meal.
I enjoyed Firehook Bakery. When it comes to bakery chains, Firehook was definitely towards the better end of the spectrum. Way better than some of the larger bakery chains (like Panera). I'd return here.

Firehook Bakery & Coffee House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs