Saturday, June 13, 2009

Meers Store & Restaurant

Meer's Store
I ate at the Meers Store & Restaurant in Oklahoma. The restaurant was way out in the middle of nowhere in the tiny town of Meers, nestled in a valley between the Wichita Mountains and an army of windmills. The restaurant was a hole in the wall type of place with all sorts of levels and obvious additions. It's apparently built on a fault line too, hence the seismograph in the lobby that the huge line for tables wrapps around.
Meer's Store

I ordered a Barbecue Chicken lunch special which came with a salad bar. I never realized how tasty pickled okra is.
Salad Bar
Salad

My barbeque chicken consisted of a quarter chicken, beans, potato salad, coleslaw, and Texas toast. The chicken was good, covered in plenty of barbecue sauce. It was messy, that goes along with the territory. The potato salad and coleslaw was were both really spicy for some reason, but I'm not complaining. I found the beans to be kind of tasteless, but I liked everything else.
Chicken

Meers Store & Restaurant is also famous for the huge hamburgers. Someone that I was eating with ordered one of the smaller burger choices. I'm not a burger person, but that thing looks disgusting to me. The person that ordered it claimed the burger was completely tasteless...
Big Burger

Interestingly enough, someone a few table over was taking lots of pictures of her food. Another food blogger perhaps?

Meers Store & Restaurant on Urbanspoon
Meers Store & Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs