Monday, July 26, 2010

Christo's Cafe in College Park, FL

Christo's Cafe is a tiny restaurant in College Park. This diner has been around a long time and always wins awards in the local papers, but until recently, I had never visited.
Christo's Cafe
Christo's menu had somewhat of a Greek diner vibe.  Several things on the menu did have a definite Greek influence, and I ended up ordering one of these items.  I had a gyro with a side of mashed potatoes. This pita was filled with lamb, lettuce, tomato, onion, and tzatziki. The sandwich was really flavorful and really didn't need any of the extra tzatziki served on the side (although that didn't stop me from finding a place to use it).
Christo's Cafe Gyro
Orlando needs more little diners like Christo's that actually serve good food. We really need some diners open 24 hours as well. You can always find a diner open at 3 am up north, but it seems here in Orlando all we have are Denny's, IHOPs, and a few fast food places.

I'll be back, and next time I think I'll try some breakfast from Christo's Cafe...

Christo's Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Ashley K. Edwards said...

I really like Christo's, especially for breakfast. I do, however, wish it the establishment were a little more clean, but I suppose this "worn" feeling is part of the charm of this College Park staple.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs