Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sushiology in Orlando, FL

Sushiology is a fast food Japanese restaurant that was recommended by some readers. Hidden in the back of a lighthouse themed strip mall, sandwiched between a seafood buffet and a tattoo parlor, Sushiology is very easy to miss. Inside, the restaurant is tiny with just a few tables.
Sushiology
My meal started with a plate of gyoza. These deep fried pork dumplings were crispy on the outside, filled with a tasty pork and vegetable mixture. I was actually expecting the dumplings to be more pan-fried rather than deep-fried, so next time I'd get the gyoza steamed instead.
Sushiology Fried Gyoza
Next, I shared a Brown Rice California Roll and a Caterpillar roll. Both were filled with krab, cucumber,and avocado. The California was topped with masago, while the Caterpillar was topped with thinly sliced avocado.
California Caterpillar
I'm glad I got the recommendation to go try Sushiology. I probably would have never found the restaurant on my own, and I enjoyed the food. The prices were good and the rolls were tasty. It makes me wonder what else I'm missing hidden among the tourist traps along International Drive? I'm sure there are many more restaurants that I haven't tried or heard of yet...
Caterpillar Roll

Sushiology on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs