Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Omega Diner in New Hyde Park, NY

Omega Diner
I ate a late night dinner at Omega Diner in New Hyde Park, NY. As with many diners on Long Island, this was Greek style with a huge menu. The problem at Omega Diner was the prices. Sandwiches were pushing $10 without any sides. Dinners were pushing $20. Why eat at a diner when you can go to a nicer restaurant for equivalent prices?
Omega Diner
Breakfast was the only section of the menu that was priced reasonably. Although I wasn't planning on getting breakfast, the prices directed me to order a Spinach & Feta Omelet served with homefries and toast. The omelet was good, filled with plenty of the wonderfully salty feta cheese. The homefries had plenty of flavor on their own without salt or ketchup, and the toast was average plain toast.
Spinach & Feta Omelet
I had no complaints about my breakfast, but I wish the sandwiches here were on par with the prices of other restaurants!

Omega Diner Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs