Friday, October 2, 2009

5 & Diner in Orlando, FL

I ate at 5 & Diner in Orlando, FL late one evening. The restaurant was going for the classic diner look and was pretty successful at achieving it. It wasn't quite at the level of the Greek diners up North with the huge menus featuring somewhat ethnic food that never close, but was one of the better diners that I've seen in the Orlando area. Rather than being open 24 hours, 5 & Diner closed at ten PM and featured mostly pretty standard American food on the menu. At the time I didn't realize it, but apparently 5 & Diner is a franchise based on their website.
I ordered the California Chicken Sandwich. After a very long wait, the sandwich finally was served. It consisted of a chicken breast, swiss cheese, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce, tomato, onions, and guacamole on a sesame roll. Fries were served on the side. I had no complaints about the sandwich, it was really big and tasted good!

 A word of warning though about 5 & Diner. Check your ketchup before putting it on your food. At the next table, I overheard the restaurant customers complaining to the waitress that ants came out of the ketchup bottle onto the food. 5 & Diner then proceeded to replace their food and check all of the ketchup and mustard bottles on the tables. From what I could tell, the ants were isolated to the one bottle, but be careful...

5 & Diner on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I've eaten here before. It has mega potential but not the greatest staff. I've got to try it for dinner. Breakfast wasn't so hot.

Sherri Murphy said...

Looks delicious!

No Need For Scissors said...

I have always kinda wanted to try that restaurant. The chicken sandwich looks good but I am not sure about the long wait time for my food and the ants...

Anonymous said...

Lay off the chains! More Local, PLEASE!!! The Orlando culinary scene is better than...Firehouse subs.... :/

Thank You

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs