Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Harry's Seafood in Lakeland, FL

harry's seafood lakeland
When I saw the Harry's Seafood in Downtown Lakeland, I knew I wanted to eat there. I ate at the Harry's in Downtown Ocala several years ago and was really impressed with their cajun food. Later on that day, I found a coupon for a free appetizer at Harry's and that pretty much settled it to where I'd be eating dinner.

The appetizer coupon was for free fried calamari or fried green tomatoes. Although I've never tried tomatoes like this, I'm not the biggest fan of the fruit in their natural form so I went with the calamari. My dining companions were disgusted by the thought of eating fried squid, so it was all for me. It was good calamari, not chewy at all, and they even served plenty of tentacles on the plate...
free calamari
For the main course, I had the Jambalaya. Consisted of shrimp, chicken, and sausage served over rice. I enjoyed it, although I thought it could have been spicier.
jambalaya



Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Pam said...

Nice blog you have. The food looks great! Congrats on the Foodie Blogroll!

NMOS said...

Calamari is one of my favorite seafood dishes. I watch Bizarre Foods a lot and so your blog description caught my attention, especially about eating "interesting" foods. Cool blog.

Live.Love.Eat said...

This is hysterical. I actually ate at this place. I am never in Lakeland but a couple of years ago I met a friend halfway and we ate there. It was wonderful!!!!!!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs