Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cody Jack's Seafood in Clermont, FL

Cody Jack's Seafood
I ate at Cody Jack's Seafood in Clermont, FL, not far from the Citrus Tower. Before entering the restaurant, I snapped a picture of the S.S. Oyster Bar in Cody Jack's parking lot.
I'm on a boat...
Inside, Cody Jack's was a bit more of a bar than I was expecting. They had a very loud football games playing on their projection screens. Lots of alcohol was flowing, and eventually a band began to set up. For some reason, I wasn't getting the bar vibe from the outside of the restaurant. It wasn't a big deal though.

I ordered a crab cake dinner. It came with two really good crab cakes, really flavorful and plenty of crab meat in them. For the two sides, I choose the collard greens and cheese grits. I realized after ordering that my sides seemed really southern, not that it matters. The collards were bitter and could have used some more flavoring, but I liked the grits. You can't go wrong with cornmeal mixed with cheese!
Crab Cakes
I enjoyed my meal at Cody Jack's!

While writing this post, I found out this restaurant has a miniature golf course out back. If I knew that, I would have played a round of golf!

Cody Jacks Seafood Restaurant on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

This place sounds delish and adorable. How where the prices?

Anonymous said...

Food was less than desirable and the wait staff was rude. Just an all around bad experience.

Anonymous said...

No longer in business.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs