Friday, October 23, 2009

Olde Hearth Bread Company in Casselbery, FL

I came across a bakery that makes really good bread in an industrial park in Casselbery, FL called Olde Hearth Bread Company. While they weren't much of a retail store, they seemed more than happy to sell me a few loaves of bread when I visited. Olde Hearth appears to do most of their business by supplying bread to other local restaurants.
old hearth bread
I tried their NY style rye bread, a few semolina rolls, and a loaf of chocolate mango bread. I think the rye was my favorite. Not only was the loaf of bread huge for the low price they charged, it tasted really good and had plenty of caraway seeds in the loaf, just like a good rye bread should.
old hearth bread company
The semolina rolls were my least favorite. Still pretty good though, although I've had better elsewhere...
old hearth bread company semolina
The chocolate mango bread definitely was the most unique. It had pieces of chocolate and dried mango baked into the bread. I found the bread was really good toasted so the chocolate got all soft topped with some butter. Apparently they bake this bread for the Tusker House Restaurant at Animal Kingdom.
old hearth bread company chocolate mango

Olde Hearth Bread Company on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to eat here!

TastyChomps.com Orlando Food Blog said...

thats alot of butter bro lol

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs