Friday, October 30, 2009

Gatorland's Gator Hallow

I went to Gatorland for their Gator Hallow Halloween event. Since no visit to an alligator farm would be complete without tasting gator meat, I ordered some Fried Gator Nuggets from the snack bar before tour left (it turned out Gatorland doesn't actually raise alligators for meat). I really liked the deep fried alligator, especially with hot sauce. The saying goes that gator tastes like chicken, but the truth is that it really does. In terms of taste, consistency, and look, gator tail and chicken does look a whole lot alike. Not too surprising though since reptiles and poultry aren't that far off. Chickens are a close living relative to the Tyrannosaurus Rex...
Gator Nuggets
Once I finished eating my alligator, the tour started. While I was disappointed by Halloween Horror Nights at Universal this year, I was surprising pleased with Gator Hallow. For $10, they gave a really entertaining tour that was really well done. Having a tour with different guides along the way to move the story along definitely adds something to the experience that you don't get in the standard Halloween maze where you just wander through while people jump out and shout boo. Gatorland had plenty of hoards of zombies, aliens, bigfoot, and of course, gators...
Gator Hollow Zombie Sacrifice
Alien Autopsy @ Gatorland
I'd gladly do Gator Hallow again next year...

Pearl's Patio Smokehouse on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love fried gator. It's amazing how much it tastes like chicken. I didn't know Gator Land does a Halloween thing. I need to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

tasty chomps said...

lol i had no idea gatorland had a halloween thing, they should try to advertise that better since ppl love getting a scare. zombies, gators, and monsters oh my lmaooo

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs