Monday, December 6, 2010

Kelsey's Pizzeria in Port St John, FL

I took myself to Port Canaveral to get an up close view of a recent Delta IV rocket launch. The rocket went up right around dinner time, so it was a great excuse to try a new restaurant in the area. The winner for the night turned out to be Kelsey's Pizzeria in Port St. John.
If a restaurant is called pizzeria, perhaps I should have tried their pizza. Instead, I decided to get their version of Eggplant Parmesan. This dish consisted of breaded and fried eggplant rolled around ricotta cheese, topped with melted mozzarella and marinara sauce. The eggplant tasted good, although the eggplant slices still had skin which ended up being pretty chewy in spots. Also included in the price was a side salad, garlic bread, and a huge plate of spaghetti.
Overall, it was your average, middle of the road Italian food. Nothing creative or exceptional, but nothing bad either. The food was pretty much what I was expecting when I ordered...

And for those interested, here's my video of the rocket launch...


Kelsey's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs