Saturday, June 21, 2008

Crab Cakes on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

I ate a crab cake sandwich from the Sea Gull Pier Restaurant on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel in Virginia. The last time that I traveled over the bridge and ate at this restaurant I had breakfast. The time before that, I also ate a crab cake sandwich. My problem then was that the crab cake had bits of crushed crab shell in the cake and made it a pain to eat. This time, the crab cake on the sandwich seemed ultra processed. As if it was a frozen pre-made crab cake. Someone else at the table ordered another crab cake sandwich, and it looked exactly the same, where crab cakes that are freshly made by hand don't have that much uniformity. It was what I would imagine a krabby patty would be like, if it wasn't a fictional cartoon food. The waitress said they made the crab cakes fresh at the restaurant, but I don't believe it. Maybe they came fresh out of the freezer.

It did taste okay, but it wasn't exactly what I would consider a good crab cake...
Crab Cake Sandwich

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs