Sunday, May 24, 2009

Shrimp Boil at Sanford's Earth Day Every Day

Two Blonds and a Shrimp
On Earth Day (April 22, 2009), I visited an event in Sanford called Earth Day Every Day. While I was there, I ate some food being sold by a stand set up by a restaurant in Downtown Sanford called Two Blonds & a Shrimp. I've never been to the actual restaurant, but I've heard good things about them. I had their Shrimp Boil, which consisted of shrimp, potatoes, chorizo sausage, and some celery. Everything in the shrimp boil tasted good, but I didn't think the shrimp were appropriate for the type of event. The shrimp still had their shells on, so they had to be peeled. This required two hands, but since this was a fair type event, there wasn't really any seating. This meant that the shrimp had to be peeled while holding the bowl of food, along with a napkin filled with shrimp shells. Eating the Shrimp Boil turned out to be a big mess...
Shrimp Boil

Not food related, but they had this very cool solar car at the event. Also a screech owl...
Solar Car
Solar Car

1 comment:

marina villatoro said...

I could travel the world searching for good eats! Love the concept of your blog:)

I also like the owl!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs