Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Trip: Greek Salad from Stop 20 Diner

Stop 20
I ate at Stop 20 Diner in Elmont, NY. I was with a very large group of people so that resulted in the service being a bit sub-par, but regardless, this eating experience was better than my last visit here.

The meal started out with a basket of really good challah and assorted crackers.
Stop 20
The plates of coleslaw and half sour pickles came out next.
Stop 20
For the main course, I ordered a Greek Salad. This was a good example of what I want in a Greek Salad, complete with stuffed grape leaves and anchovies. The only thing that was missing was kalamata olives. Besides from the olives, I had no complaints.
Stop 20
Stop 20 got it's name from the days when trolleys/streetcars ran along Hempstead Turnpike. The trains were eventually replaced by buses, but throughout the changes in transportation, stop 20 along these routes has been on the corner in front of the diner, hence the name...
Stop 20 mural
Stop 20 Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs