Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend Trip: Greek Wrap at the Silver Star Diner

Silver Star Diner
After having Greek food for lunch, we visited the Silver Star Diner in Franklin Square, NY at about 10:30 at night for dinner. I ate here on a previous trip to the area, so this was a return visit. To continue the Greek theme that was started with my lunch earlier in the day, I ordered a Greek Wrap with Homefries.

I wasn't expecting it, but a plate of cole slaw and half sour pickles was served as an appetizer. I love it when places give pickle appetizers.
Pickles & Coleslaw
The Greek Wrap was filled with lots of chicken, almost too much chicken actually, along with feta cheese, lettuce, tomato, and what I think was Italian dressing. I found the chicken to be somewhat dry, but the wrap was half decent. I was expecting better from a Greek diner though.
Greek Wrap
Silver Star Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

ch said...

Looks like your having a good weekend!
I'm from Long Island:) Your posts are making me hungry and a little home sick.

Have a safe trip back!

I have given you an award on my blog!:)

Kreativ Blogger Award

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs