Friday, July 1, 2011

Donut Pub in Manhattan, NY

During one of my most recent visits to New York, I stumbled upon a place called Donut Pub. Their classic neon sign quickly pulled me from across the street and the awards hanging in their window pulled me inside. The humungous muffins and cupcakes in the window helped get me in too...
Inside, the wall of Donut Pub was covered in racks of desserty deliciousness. There were several counter seats in the narrow restaurant filled with customers enjoying their late-night donuts and coffee.
I decided to go for a French Cruller. I'm not a donut expert by any means, but this was definitely better than what you get from the donut chains. The cruller was really light and airy inside, almost having a flaky consistency. It was almost too sweet, but this is a donut that we're talking about. It's supposed to be sweet...
An oreo muffin was also purchased. It got less than rave reviews, therefore my conclusion is to stick with donuts at the Donut Pub...
Donut Pub was new to me, but it's definitely worth checking out. Can't go wrong with a 24-hour bakery in a classic diner-like setting serving all sorts of desserts...

Donut Pub on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups said...

I really wish Orlando would open a boutique donut shop!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs