Friday, July 8, 2011

Grimaldi's Pizza in Garden City, NY

Grimaldi's Pizza Mural
The Grimaldi's Pizza under the Brooklyn Bridge is pretty famous. I've seen them listed quite a few times as having some of the best pizza in the country. All that publicity must be a good thing for them because apparently the line to eat reaches city blocks in length on occasion. Needless to say, I never lined up for one of Grimaldi's pizzas in Brooklyn. Especially when I can get Grimaldi's coal oven pizza with no wait at another one of their locations in Garden City, NY.
Grimaldi's Menu
I shared a 16" plain pie on my visit. The pizza had all of the characteristic charred marks and islands of mozzarella floating in a pool of sauce that are common on coal oven pies. I did like the pie, although it needed salt in my opinion. The fresh mozzarella nor the sauce had enough salt, but besides this issue, I liked the pizza. Grimaldi's pizza is definitely way overrated, but they do make a pretty good pie...
Grimaldi's Pizza
Grimaldi's Pizza

Grimaldi's Pizza on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups said...

I'm still on the fence about coal fired pizzas. I know it's the way you're supposed to eat them, but I really like doughy crust. Maybe it's because I've never had a great coal fired pizza.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs