Monday, September 28, 2009

Victorio's II in Winter Springs, FL

victorios ii 7-26-09
I ate at Victorio's II in Winter Springs, FL. I ate here a few times several years ago and decided to give them another try. I ordered an Eggplant Parmesan Sub and was really happy with it. The bread was nice and crunchy with sesame seeds on the outside. The eggplant didn't have any of that stringy skin on it and was breaded nicely. There was just the right amount of cheese and sauce on the sandwich, and I was happy!
victorios ii 7-26-09 eggplant parm
My dining companions ordered a thick crust pizza, so I decided to try one of the slices that weren't finished. While I really liked my sandwich, the pizza was another story. The crust seemed to be too doughy in the middle. There was way too much sauce that all squirted off of the pizza when I took a bite, and the cheese was a bit heavy handed too. I definitely wouldn't get pizza at Victorio's after trying this slice, but the two other people that ate the pie both thought it was really good. I guess I was in the minority about this pizza...
victorios ii 7-26-09 pizza

Victorio's II Winter Springs on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Great review. I love doughy pizza. I gotta check this place out.

Unknown said...

Don't get a thick crust! It's an Italian place not a Pizza Hut :) Get the 2 cheese for $16.69, delicious. Papa Tony's right down the road in the gas station has awesome pizza, 2 for $14.99 cheese. I prefer Napoli's for regular entrees and subs. That's right up the road too. Little Italian haven in that mile or two lol

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs