Monday, September 7, 2009

Umberto's in New Hyde Park, NY

Umberto's of New Hyde Park 8-10-09 storefront
After visiting King Umberto's, we decided to give another Umberto's a try. This time we went to the Umberto's in New Hyde Park. I thought I ate here a few years ago, but the restaurant was set up differently than I remembered. Unless they redid this place, it was new to me! This is the location that the Deerfield Beach Umberto's claims to be connected to, although I kind of have some doubts about any actual connections.

The meal started with a salad topped with grilled chicken, blue cheese, and walnuts.
Umberto's of New Hyde Park 8-10-09 salad
Next came a Grandma Pizza. Supposedly, this style of pizza originated here in a competition between a few other Umberto's to develop a new style of pizza, so we had to get it.
Umberto's of New Hyde Park 8-10-09 grandma pizza
It was really good, sort of like a thin crust Sicilian pizza and I'd gladly get it again.

The pizza was also good as leftovers the next day!
Umberto's of New Hyde Park 8-10-09 leftovers

Umbertos on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs